If you love opals and a statement piece, then this fabulous Edwardian 18-carat gold ring is one you won't want to miss!
At the widest point, the face measures 8mm wide, chunky enough to make an impact on its own as well as in a super stack with your other favourite rings.
The three large opal cabochons are well-matched with a wonderful play of colour, showing flashes of blues, greens, yellow and red. There is a small chip to one side of the central opal under the claw setting, likely caused by a knock to the ring in the past due to the age of the piece. It is not noticeable without magnification and does not detract from the beauty of the piece or the strength of the stone.
Six old-cut diamonds (approx 0.20cts) flank the opals, with three stones set on either side of the largest opal. The diamonds are bright and well-matched with excellent sparkle. Set in 18ct white gold, the white gold beautifully off-sets the diamonds and opals against the 18ct yellow gold in the rest of the piece.
Size: US 5.5 / UK L
Antique Edwardian 18ct Gold Opal And Diamond Ring
- Antique: Edwardian
- 18-carat yellow gold (18ct white gold diamond settings)
- Size: US 5.5 / UK L
- 3 large opal cabochons (largest approx 6.90mm x 5mm)
- 6 old-cut diamonds (approx 0.20cts total diamond weight)
- Width: 8mm wide at the face, 1.25mm wide at the back of the band
- Weight: 4.28g
- Very good condition: bright, well-matched old-cut diamonds; well-matched opals with good play of colour - a small chip to one side of the central opal under the claw setting, likely caused by a knock to the ring in the past. Not noticeable without magnification and does not detract from the beauty of the piece.
- Hallmark: stamped 18ct inside the band
Unless otherwise stated, any chains, jewellery boxes, and other items photographed with the listed piece are for advertising purposes only and not sold with this piece.