This 18-carat gold antique Albert chain is an incredibly rare find for many reasons, not least due to the fantastic Chester hallmark and date letter stamp for 1898 that can be found on one of the central chunky curb chain links.
With a big bolt ring, swivel dog clip clasp and a swivel t-bar with additional chain links that can be utilised as an extender, providing additional length and versatility, this beauty has it all.
Each chain link bears a crisp, clear stamp of a crown and '18' depicting 18-carat gold, as do the bolt ring, dog clip and t-bar, though there is some wear to the stamps on the bolt ring and dog clip which is to be expected with a piece of this age.
The coveted wide curb links are solid gold (not hollow) and in impeccable condition, a rare find, especially in 18ct gold!
Crafted in a vibrant yellow 18-carat gold, this versatile antique Albert chain can be styled in multiple ways, a few of which are showcased in the product photos. You can even integrate the t-bar into the main chain section by effortlessly attaching it to the bolt ring, sliding the large round link of the t-bar over the bolt ring and onto the chain.
The superb condition of this high-carat chain, its substantial curb links, and the prestigious Chester hallmark with the 1898 date stamp make it an impressive collector's piece and a cherished historical heirloom destined to be treasured by future generations.
Rare Antique 18ct Gold Wide Curb Chain With Chester Hallmark Dating To 1898
- Antique: Victorian-era dating to 1898
- 18-carat gold
- Longest wearable length: 17.25 inches with the additional links on the t-bar worn as an extender
- Mid-length: 16.50 inches with the large round link of the t-bar connected between the bolt ring and dog clip
- Shortest wearable length: 16.25 inches
- Curb links: 11mm long x 6.90mm wide
- Bolt Ring: 11.80mm or 16mm including the bail
- Swivel dog clip: 21.80mm
- Swivel T-bar: 40mm
- Weight: 55.50 grams
- All links, t-bar, dog clip and bolt ring are stamped with a crown and "18"
- Chester hallmark on one chain link with date letter for 1898
- Excellent antique condition
Unless otherwise stated, any chains, jewellery boxes, and other items photographed with the listed piece are for advertising purposes only and not sold with this piece.