The epitome of chunky yet elegant, this Victorian book chain collar necklace features chubby solid gold round links alternating with semi-solid rounded rectangular links in the iconic 'book chain' design.
Book chain necklaces were hugely popular during the second half of the 19th century and used to showcase statement cameo pendants and lockets. We think this fabulous chain looks incredible with this rare statement pocket watch!
The hidden clasp, in the form of a slightly larger round link, doubles as a charm holder that can also be completely removed from the chain to allow you to wear it with your other favourite pieces.
A truly unusual find, you will love styling this fantastic chain into your neckmess!
Other pieces we have styled with this piece are listed below:
- Antique 18ct Gold Albert Chain With Large Diamond Bolt Ring Charm Holder
- Antique Rose Cut Diamond Swallow Charm - Swallow 1
- Antique 18ct Gold Diamond And Spinel Horseshoe Charm
- Puffy Opal Heart Charm Bezel-Set In 18ct Gold
- Antique Diamond Swallow Pendant - Swallow 4
- Rare Antique 18ct Gold Pocket Watch Pendant With Blue Enamel And Diamonds
Antique Victorian 15ct Gold Book Chain Collar Necklace
- Antique: Victorian-era
- 15-carat gold
- Length: 17.45 inches
- Width: 10mm wide
- Charm holder/hidden clasp: 14mm diameter, 2.75mm thick
- Weight: 20.61 grams
- Hallmarks: none present, professionally tested as 15ct gold
- Excellent antique condition
Unless otherwise stated, any chains, jewellery boxes, and other items photographed with the listed piece are for advertising purposes only and not sold with this piece.