This beautiful antique 9-carat trombone chain features elegant elongated trombone links interspersed with oval links, all solid (not hollow) and with beautiful stamps for 9ct gold.
This babe is a rosy gold colour, and 16.25 inches long from dog clip to bolt ring, with the added benefit of the removable t-bar extender section that gives you an additional 1.5 inches of length.
Wear the t-bar as a pendant on the main chain section by sliding it over the dog clip and onto the chain, or wear it clipped onto the bolt ring or dog clip, or as an extender; the possibilities are endless.
Each link is stamped "9.375" with one of the trombone links boasting the Chester assay office hallmark and a date letter that is illegible but likely dates the chain to 1780 - 1800.
Minimal wear to the links for a chain of this age, she is in a wonderful condition and is a dream to style with.
Antique 9ct Gold Trombone Chain With Removable T-Bar Extender
- Antique: Victorian era, circa 1780 - 1800
- 9-carat gold
- Length: 16.25 inches with an additional 1.5 inches length when using the extender section
- Width: 5mm
- Trombone links 21mm x 5mm, 1.5mm thick
- Weight: 28.02g
- Hallmarks: Trombone links and curb links all stamped "9.375", Chester hallmark on one trombone link
- Very good antique condition
Unless otherwise stated, any chains, jewellery boxes, and other items photographed with the listed piece are for advertising purposes only and not sold with this piece.